does any of you have a hard time having sex now that pregnant??

me and my dh tried so hard last night to have sex but we couldnt get comfy and he is always worried about hurting me and most of the time i am not in the mood we tried everything last night and we ended up giving up.....its like a huge process now...after we gave up i went to the bathroom pretended to pee but i was crying because i dont want our relationship to get hurt because of this. he doesnt know i was crying but it hurts that it is so uncomfortable. sometimes i feel like he doesnt find me sexy either but he says its just me thinking wierd cuz he does but i dont know..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i dont have sex bc its not comfy. ur not the only one. and a lot of woman dont feel sexy pregnant. if ur husband says ur sexy just believe it A LOT of men think woman r sexy pregnant. Now about that sex problem. try laying on ur back and let him play with some toys. GO HERE AND READ ABOUT IT>

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/1/T011308.asp
    Anonymous

• now that im 23 weeks almost 24 weeks pregnant i found out starting to get harder for me.
    ill somtimes always end up getting cramps like if i was running for a long time and then have to stop for a couple seconds.
    and sometimes i just have the feeling its touching the baby though i know its not but it makes me uncomfortable. other than those things though i enjoy it =)
    hubbys great.
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• and about the last part about you crying,i feel the same.
    but i know its just me thinking way over my head because the hubby loves me alot.
    but i know how you feel about that
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I had this with my first. I hated sex; even though I still wanted the intimacy. It is hard to do; and your only real option is to let those feelings of feeling unattractive go. Secondly, if you in fact cannot get comfortable, try multiple positions and laugh at it if it seems awkward. If you put to much emphasis on trying to feel sexy you will not enjoy yourself at all. If it comes down to you just hating it, oral sex might be an option; and you can still cuddle and feel loved afterward. I am sorry you are in a rough area right now, I hope you get through it okay :)
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 6:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I felt the same way the other day we only have sex once a wk and when we do try i always get cramps and the positions he likes are uncomfortable for me. so i always end up not injoying it. and feeling crappy because i feel like he didnt either. I am 28wks.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 6:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• im almost 28 weeks and its uncomfortable for me too but their are possitions that make it easier like you laying on your side and him beind you or "doggy style" I hate that term is pretty easy also try toys dont let you sex life go just improvize!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• try doggy style with pillows under you!!when i was prego with my son it was the only way we could do it most of the time!!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 7:20 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I HATE pregnant sex. It's awful. It feels like a chore to me. Hubby thinks I am depriving him, but he doesn't understand how uncomfortable it is. If I absolutely have to have sex, I find it's more comfy laying on my side. Good luck sweetie. You're not the only anti-sex preggo woman. Your hubby will survive a few months without.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 9:36 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I did a lot of reading, searching of websites and talking with my doctor about the same thing. Have your man there to read/hear the responses because it is COMPLETELY NORMAL! I agree with a lot of the answers: try different positions, realize your man loves you because you ARE PREGNANT and is supporting you. Remind yourself that pregnancy is beautiful and maybe you're just feeling like a "baby carrier" instead of your "regular self" and it takes a while to adjust to the fact that you are still yourself carrying your baby. It'll take time. Your sex-drive may kick in later and then go away and it may not until after baby arrives. But do research and show it to him. Make him realize that a lot of men go through the same thing (remind him of rosey palms and have him do it himself...or you assist...if it's such a big deal). Good Luck Hun!
    marinewifenmama

Answer by marinewifenmama at 4:17 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Like other posts....doggy style is the only way that works for us. Or if he's standing at the edge of the bed and I'm laying on my back on the edge of the bed. We've tried others, but they don't work for us at all. Good Luck!!! Pregnancy orgasms are so much more intense I think...I'm glad DH is still willing to do the deed even though I'm HUGE and feel so unattractive.
    JenLavazza

Answer by JenLavazza at 12:01 PM on Oct. 25, 2008