Does anyone like watching that show 'Hoarders' ?

WOW I can't believe some people can get like this. Does anyone know anyone like that?

istealcookies

Asked by istealcookies at 12:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Entertainment

• I don't know anyone like that. I've watched a few shows, but it is so sad and depressing to me that I just don't watch it.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I watched a few times but the junk and filthy messes I saw were just too disturbing... I quit watching. Ewww.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I watch it sometimes. Makes me want to clean and organize my house! It is crazy that people let it get so out of control. I do know someone who is a hoarder. She started off as an antique dealer then ended up hoarding evrything because she did not want to sell any of it! Haven't been to her house in years....can't imagine the mess!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yes! my aunt was like this, my grandparents, my mom and my sister.

I have clutter, but I'm not as bad as anyone in my family, and no one in my family was as bad as that show- my aunt was close though.

I like to watch it sometimes because it spurs me on to clean my own place.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Same here. I can take clutter, but the food stuff,,,just kind of creepy and very sad.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I watch it. I think my mom is kinda a hoarder (nothing like the people on the show though) she just has lots of stuff...haha. Or she's just never home/has the time. It is a mental disorder, so i guess some just can't helpo it.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I watch the show. It makes me kind of sad sometimes. I cant say that I know anyone that is a hoarder, but know a few that flirt with the line.
    mandapanda942

Answer by mandapanda942 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I do watch it, fortunately I do not know anyone that hoards stuff...but I think shows like this cause me to be very conscious of what I keep and weather it is needed.

foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have a friend that would qualify for the show. The sad thing is that I have gone and cleaned her entire kitchen..which has a HUGE job, and literally a couple of days later is was back to it`s horrible state. It is disgusting to me and I could never in good conscience live like that even if I was deathly ill. Call me a clean freak I guess.
    bb510

Answer by bb510 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i like to know why these people do it and whats going through their mind that they can just keep living that way and not pick out a few things and donate but that is the way hoarders are. who wants to walk up thier stairs and climb through everything or not use thier kitchen? they dont think they should because it would kill them getting rid of it.

i swear my MIL is one but not as bad as the shows. she does have every area stacked with boxes and clutter i couldnt allow and every table, countertop, ect is always cluttered. lets just say if there was ONE open room in her house, she'd use it for storage, but because that isnt enough...sadly she uses a trailer house for a storage unit.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2010