does anyone else have daily chronic cluster headaches/migraines?

have you been to neurologist? i did this week.. ive had the same horrific headache for 10 days now.. id love to remove my head.. how did you find relief? besides meds.

danahake

Asked by danahake at 6:19 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Health

• Yes I have been having I guess what you would call cluster headache for the past few weeks especially when I get really stressed or upset and they last for a couple days,I know what you mean about wanting to take your head off,no I havent been to a neurologist I usually take pain medicine and try to go to bed until they go away but with kids its hard to do.someone told meto try Excedrin tension headache but I havent tried it yet.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 6:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• ive tried all otc meds waiting on the good stuff from the neuro dr. its a prevention medicine you might want to go see one like you said its hard to deal with, with kids. if yours are minor thing applying ice to youre forehead and freezing them out, that works sometimes if its a stress headache i thought maybe there was some kind of herbal med.
    danahake

Answer by danahake at 7:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Suffered from them for years...dont completely rule out meds...there are alot of new, really good ones out there. But, keep a strict sleep schedule, remove processed foods, heavily salted foods, dried beans, & alcohol from your diet.
    MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 9:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I too have this issue and have for years, I use to take Imatrex, then the one that really worked was Maxalt, but sine I now have no insurance Excedrian Migraine has become my best friend. I have to take 3 at a time but it works!!!
    smota

Answer by smota at 9:52 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I have suffered from migraines since i was 6 (im 31) i get them at least three or four times a month and they can last up to a week sometimes. I usually take tylenol (im allergic toaspirin so excedrin is out) and lay down for the worst part of it and then work really hard on not getting stressed out. sorr y i couldnt be more help
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:13 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• This is going to sound strange, but...I Used to get migraines ALL the time and they would last anywhere from a day or two up to a week or longer. I couldn't find relief anywhere. I got pregnant w/DD#1...and no more headaches. They returned after I delivered and this happened with my first 3 pregnancies. After DC#3 was born, I had open heart surgery again. I had no more migraines after my surgery, until I was pregnant w/DC#4. I then HAD migraines during that pregnancy and have since not had them again. I don't know what the link is, but....strange, huh? Anyways, that probably doesn't help you much, does it?

Sometimes, a cool cloth and dark room would help me. About the only way I could find relief was to sleep them off. I'd have to go to bed before they got so severe I couldn't sleep. Also, my DH would sort of rub my head and face and htat wold help.
    lindseywhitaker

Answer by lindseywhitaker at 8:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2008