Tater Tot Casserole

Does anyone have a good recipe for Tater Tot Casserole that they would share with me? It is something I would like to try with my family and I have no idea where to even start (except for the tater tots, of course!).

QueenMomma2023

Asked by QueenMomma2023 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Brown 2lbs ground beef - I chop a couple onions and cook with the meat - and drain. Mix in green beans - frozen, canned, or cook fresh and then add - as many as you want (I use 4 cans or 2lbs) - and 2 small cans cream of whatever soup (I use cream of celery). Spread in 9x13 pan. Top with 2lbs tater tots (I normally buy a 5lb bag and use half of it). Bake at 425 for 60-90 minutes, til tots are golden brown and crispy.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 6:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I made this for the first time a couple of weeks ago - DELISH!

Use cooked ground beef or turkey, or maybe even shredded chicken. Make a layer of that in a 13 x 9 pan or smaller.
    Then add a layer of seasonings, whatever you prefer. Then, a layer of frozen vegetables.
    On top of that, add a layer of cream of condensed soup. You can use any, mushroom, chicken, whatever!
    More seasonings, if you prefer. Then layer the tots (uncooked).

Put in the oven and bake for 60 minutes, add shredded cheddar cheese on top 10 minutes before baking time is up. ENJOY!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Best one right here...1 large can cream of chicken soup, 1 cup mayo, 1 cup cheese, half a pound hamburger (or ground turkey), 1 can corn, 1 can green beans, and 1 bag tater tots. --Brown hamburger. Stir all ingredients together but tater tots. Layer top with cheese them tater tots. Cook at 375 for 45 minutes. This is super easy and kids love it. Hope you enjoy it!
    bb510

Answer by bb510 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Sure!!! Brown ground beef with chopped garlic, onions and whatever seasoning you like (you can skip the garlic and onions if your family won't eat them). Drain. Add a can of green beans and cream of mushroom soup (or whatever kind you like). I also add shredded cheese. Put in a casserole dish, top with frozen tater tots and bake according to tater tot package directions.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• cook the hambuger/drain it. Put it in a bowl (for the oven) add cream of mushroom (1 or 2, depends what you want) a splash of milk, salt and pepper to taste, I use those steamfresh veggies and dump the bag in it. Arrange the tots on the top all pretty like, bake at 400 degrees for about 45-1 hr. :)

I've never heard it called casserole. Tator Tot hotdish :)

I make it like that all the time, my daughter who's 2 LOVES it, and it's yummy.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Mine is yummy, it is like a reverse tator tots cassarole, I place the tator tots on the bottom of a 13 by 9 in. baking dish (aligning them all the same way, it makes it like a yummy crust so it is easier to cut into pieces and scoop out.) I brown a pound in a half of ground beef, add 1 can cream of mushroom, 1 can cream of celery to the browned ground beef, (also add the seasonings you like, garlic powder salt and pepper and so on). Layer the meat on top of the tator tots. Then I layer 1 can of corn, and 1 can of green breans over that, cheese on top, cover with tin foil and bake as the directions on the tator tot bag indicates about 35 - 40 min. The kids love it!

I think I will make this tonight! :)
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 1:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I always brown lots(like a pound and a half or so) of hamburger, with onions and spices(seasoning salt, pepper, garlic, and in a huge (5 qt family size) ice cream bucket combine a few cans of cream of mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup and a can cream of celery soup(like one of each) and a can of mushrooms, and your veggies( I used a can of veg-all and a can of corn and a can of green beans all drained) and add seasoning salt, pepper, and dried onion, and garlic, stir in cook meat. Then I pour the mixture into a baking pan, or cake pan (I have a huge baking pan that fits it all----it a lot), or roaster, top with tater tots, I also stuff extra tater tots(so I don't have a open bag in the freezer) down in the mixture and along the sides of the pan. Bake at 350 will done. I am bad at measuring amounts and remembering how long to cook stuff--- but it is always good and I never burn stuff!!---LOL
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 1:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I do a different one with shredded hash-browns.

Brown hamburger meat. Add seasonings or taco seasoning..whatever. In a casserole dish, spread frozen shredded hash-browns, mix in cream of whatever soup. I use chicken and mushroom. 2 or 3 cans. mix in meat. Season more or add onions whatever you want. Mix all up spread evenly, top with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for as long as it takes to cook the potatoes and melt and slightly brown the cheese.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Crumble raw hamburger on the bottom of casserole dish ( 2 quart size) season the meat with pepper and parsley and either dry onion or powder onion...season according to your tastes
    16 oz. pkg. mixed veggies
    1 bag tator tots on top of veggies
    2 cans of cream of mushroom mixed with 1 can milk, blend before pouring over tator tots, then pour over
    bake for one hour at 350, uncovered
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I just mix up a bunch of vegies my kids like, add in some ground meat (cooked) and some cream of mushroom soup with some salt and pepper and put in a 9x13 pan, top with a layer of tots and back until tots are done
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010