When is the best time to put shoes on your toddler ?

My daughter is 17 months she started walking like a couple of days before she turned 17 months which was the 27th of september and i was just wondering when is the best time to put shoes on ive just been taking her every where in socks and letting her walk around in the stores like that but it kind of bothers me to see her without shoes ..

sexigurl09

Asked by sexigurl09 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Uh, yeah gross! It's time you put some shoes on her.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• She's walking around...now is the time for shoes. Socks do not protect her feet from things that could hurt her.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• mamaada , you didnt have to be so rude about it i mean at least she wasnt bare footed she had socks on i carryed her all the way till we got inside then i put her down to walk i didnt let her walk in the street with her socks lol but thanks for the advise anyways ..
    sexigurl09

Comment by sexigurl09 (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have to wait until we are at our destination. I put them on in the car right before we go in, but that never means they will stay on for more that a couple minutes.
    bb510

Answer by bb510 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yes, i put shoes on them once they can walk. socks are ok for around the house, but outside and in stores they need to wear shoes.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Unless you are going to buy her Robeez. I suggest keeping her in socks. DO NOT buy her any hard soled shoes or even flexible with soles. Keep her in super soft flexible ones until she is a pro at walking.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My DD walked at 9 months old isnt 17 months kinda late to be walking I have 3 girls and all of them walked at 9-10 months. I'm not trying to be mean about it just wondering if her Dr. says its ok that she walked so late. I put shoes on them at 6 months old.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 1:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• No actually i was looking it up on the internet it said 16-18 months is the normal time a toddler should be walking every kid is different i guess mine daughter is just a late bloomer cus she even started crawling late too her doctor knew she wasnt walking yet and she wasnt so worried about it she said some start walking early and some start walking late but so long as shes walking im not worried at all :)
    sexigurl09

Comment by sexigurl09 (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Ok sorry if I sounded rude I was just curious my sisters DD walked at 16 months and turned out she has develpmental delays and low muscle tone she has to have physical therapy 2 times a week.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 1:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I dont buy shoes until 18 mts! And mine wak by 12 mts! I find it silly and rediculous! My daihter ust got her first pair of shoes and is 15 mts. and the only reason i bought them is b/c it is getting cold!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2010