How will I manage?

I am soo tired all the time.. ALL the time.. i wasnt even awake for more than 45 min before i was ready for a nap. Right now I have help with my 2 year old bc i am on bedrest... how will i manage after i have our son? i will have to get back on schedule with my 2 year old plus take care of an infant who may or may NOT let me get any rest, I am not having to do anything right now and I am too exhausted to even stay awake to lay around.. how will i manage with two children to take care of once i come off bedrest and have the little one?

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You just do what you have to do. I have a 3 Year Old and a 7 Month Old. I'm tired but the kids need taken care of. I think you get more strentgh too once you are not pregnant anymore. Its when a Mothers instincts take in. You have no choice so you just do it :) Good Luck on your up incoming birth! Congrats!
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 1:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• the good news: your newborn will be sleeping most of the time even if his night-time sleeping may drive you up the wall.
    this happened to me when i was pregnant with my 20 month old, except the bed-rest. After Isaac was born, Christopher just fell in line with Isaac's schedule. You just have to tell your older child THE TRUTH about why the baby gets so much attention while praising how big kid they are. "the baby can't....." phrases saved me many, many times! Vivian always helped out by getting diapers and wipes and always wanted to watch me give the baby a bath, she's my oldest, but she did that when Christopher was the baby. :)
    it takes a month or so, but everyone in your family will slide into a routine. when your oldest gets jealous of the baby (because it will happen), do big kid things one-on-one with them while the baby's sleeping or get a babysitter for the baby to spend the time with "just them".
    Michelle F.

Answer by Michelle F. at 1:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have yet to be in this position...but you will manage! I can't speak from personal experience, and I can't wait until I can, but it's going to be ok! You will make it, you will find a way to adapt and juggle and multi-task and be the best mom you can possibly be!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 1:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• you will find your balance just keep tryin routines till one fit
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• you sound anemic.. try having your iron levels checked.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010