Will I be able to handle it?

I am soo tired all the time.. ALL the time.. i wasnt even awake for more than 45 min before i was ready for a nap. Right now I have help with my 2 year old bc i am on bedrest... how will i manage after i have our son? i will have to get back on schedule with my 2 year old plus take care of an infant who may or may NOT let me get any rest, I am not having to do anything right now and I am too exhausted to even stay awake to lay around.. how will i manage with two children to take care of once i come off bedrest and have the little one?

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Health

• being on bedrest and not being on your feet makes you feel weak!! once youre able to move around more, your energy will come back...new Mommy hormones are amazing and while they can make you feel so bad, they can also get you through sleep deprivation....when your Mommy instincts kick in after the new bay is here you will know exactly what to do and you will do it without thinking about it...even if its the bare minimum since you have the toddler also....GL!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• First, take a deep breath! You're preggers, of course you're tired! 2, you're just worrying yourself, it'll all be fine! 3, just think maybe your toddler will LOVE to help w/the new baby! Plus, you can always rant on here, that should help. You're never alone. :)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Hello. I am curious what trimester you are in. Have you had your hemoglobin checked? Also, even though you are on bed rest, you can still do arm lifts, etc. It will give you some exercise and endorphin benefits. It may just boost your energy. Set small tasks like making a list of things you want to get done that day. (Don't overwhelm yourself though). Do you have any family, friends, church family that can help with your little one? Sometimes the extra stress of all of your worries you have expressed can exhaust you. Relax and rely on the fact that you WILL get through this. **HUGS**
    Hands4Heaven

Answer by Hands4Heaven at 1:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• 3rd trimester! not sure about hemoglobin i will ask doc when i go thursday.. and I makes lists (and actually cut them in half bc i have to rely on my hubby to do them and it takes him 10 years to do anything lol)
    Ross2010

Comment by Ross2010 (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You shouldn't be that exhausted even if you weren't on bedrest. You need to talk to your doctor about possible Anemia. See if there are other reasons why your exhaustion levels are so high.

Taking care of two children isn't hard from my experience. Yes, there are days when it's like you're screaming for bed, a break, or anything as long as you get alone time. However, generally speaking it's a breaze if you allow it to be. PM me if you need any suggestions, have any questions, or need some help. I am pregnant with my third child and I'm going into it like "This will be a piece of cake". Which is how I went into it when I was pregnant with my second child. You just have to trust and believe in yourself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You will get your energy back, and I would talk to the doc about ways to help with that. Don't worry, women do it all of the time. I did it with 3 kids! lol It sucks, you are tired, but it will work out. Def talk to the doc about your tiredness.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 4:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Are you taking vitamins???? I think after you have the baby you will feel better. Eat all healthy foods
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:02 AM on Oct. 6, 2010