What do you think about it?

If you get up and make DH lunch every day and then get ready for work and get the kids ready, do you think when he is home he should make your lunch and get the kids ready?

bjojola

Asked by bjojola at 1:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• My view.

Whatever agreements have been made should be upheld.. If the 2 of you agreed that you would do all those things on his work days, and he would do them on his days off. Then the agreement should be upheld by both of you.

If no agreement or mutual understanding was ever made. And you feel that he should do these things on his days off. Then have an open discussion about it and make the agreement together.

If the deal will be you do all those things for him on work days. And he does those things on his days off so that you get a "day off", then I would suggest that some sort of "day off" be arranged for him as well.

There is no such thing as 100% fairness in a relationship. It's impossible. Ultimately what is fair for one isn't always fair for the other. So the best way I've learned over my 25 year marriage to handle things like this is to make a mutual agreement and stick to it to the best of your ability.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• lol it will become one if you realize it now. I wouldnt make him lunch except on special occassions.. does he help with the kids at night? or do you take care of EVERYTHING kid/house/ & food wise? bc if so (my opinion) your treating him like he is one of your children.. he had this type of caretaking when he lived at home with his parents.. it should get it when he moved out got married and had children.. he is a big boy now and should SHARE the responsibilities. GL
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't make my DH lunch, he is a big boy
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It would be nice of him to do that, yes.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• uh when he is home he SHOULD make his own lunch and help you with the kids. (at least help if not give you a day off)
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If DH were home then he would have the responsibilities I do now. (I'm a SAHM) He would entertain, feed, bathe, and care for the kids. Clean the house as much as the day allows and care for the dog. I am a big girl, as he is a big boy, so we only make each other's meals to be nice. We like taking care of one another, so if we see something we can do for the other we do it. Neither of us expect the meals to be made for each other, or other things to be done. We just appriciate it when the other does something for us. Like I said though, if the roles were reversed he'd do what I do now as a SAHM.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• That would be wishful thinking but some men know how to multitask.
    ginabear1

Answer by ginabear1 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Not at all. I do things out of love and to make him happy. Making me lunch may not be how he chooses to show me love back.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• That would be nice. Just tell him that would mean a lot to you and see if it happens.
    bb510

Answer by bb510 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010