Natural Way to Get Rid of Spiders?

We live in NE Ohio, now that it's getting cold, I have cobwebs everywhere! I have to dust just about every day.

Does any one know of a natural way to repel spiders? I don't want to call an exterminator, but I'm really tired of the constant battle.

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 1:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Clean and vaccum every day. Especially closets, pantrys, places where bedding is stored, storage areas.....it's a pain but it's the only way I've been able to keep spiders from hanging around. Good luck!
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• my g-pa always said used coffee grounds worked....pour them around the perimeters of your house and the rooms
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Well, I don't know if you would call this "natural" but you can buy this plug in thing that is supposed to repel bugs, including spiders. I think you can find them at Home Depot, maybe Walmart.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 1:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• The old fashioned way - SQUASH!!!

tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Get a cat or two! My cats will hunt down and kill anything smaller than them. Spiders, bugs, lizards and even a snake that got in one day. I almost never see live critters, just corpses. When we lived in CO the cats took care of mice too.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• ask @ place that sells bug killer or pay to have house sprayed
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:55 AM on Oct. 6, 2010