What is more important...dogs or children?

We have 3 boxers and the plan was to buy a house with a fenced in back yard for them, marriage and then children. Well I'm pregnant and we now have to rent a house and get rid of 2 dogs. My fiance thinks I'm HORRIBLE for wanting to get rid of the dogs but then again we'll have no choice. The youngest pees and poops in the house, on beds, on my feet, and the oldests tried to bite me last night. I was told dogs are a lifetime commitment...and they are but what is the last straw with dogs? Would you tolerate a dog that pissed and crapped all over your house and another that showed aggression with a new baby on the way?

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• that shouldn't even be a question, kids come first
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• "Animal People" would. But to me.. my children would come before any pet. No questions. I think you are doing the right thing! I can feel the vote downs on this one already! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Children....... I thought this was a joke question.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I had my Grandma take my dog until my son was old enough to tolerate him, I let them get acquainted and comfortable with each other before the dog moved back in.  He was trained by that time as well. 

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I WOULD THROW THE DOG AWAY TAKE IT TO THE ASPCA...my children are always 1st and if my husband was no have a problem then he can be gone too...my kids are my life and my all nothing comes b4 them
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• ever since we had a baby our dogs stay in our fenced in yard most of the time, if we didnt have a fence i probably would have gotten rid of our youngest dog for the same reason as you.
    SweetMiss

Answer by SweetMiss at 1:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• For me - children are much more important than my dogs and if came down to choosing my children or my dogs - my children would trump my dogs every time. And it isn't as if you are getting rid of ALL the dogs. You are doing what is called COMPROMISE....something we often do in families. Is there a boxer rescue in your area that could do a courtesy post for your for adoption? Or that can take them in a foster situation?
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Children before pets.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 1:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Wow i thought it was another crazy question day when i saw this one lol.. kids come first always..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 1:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have a neighbor interested in adopting one of our boxers so that is a choice, right now it is my fiance who is against the idea. I'm about to throw the "It's me or the dogs" threat out there. Our kids safety and well being is number one to me and I'm also afraid he'll resent me for having to get rid of the dogs....ugh.
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2010