How do I break my baby away from her swing?

My 10month old daughter is getting to big for her swing, her father and I made the mistake of letting it rock her to sleep and then tranferring her to her crib. Now we cant get her to sleep with out it! We have made attempts but the tantrum was unbelievable..Then comes the breath holding spell...so far she's won

cclvsj

Asked by cclvsj at 1:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try holding her and rocking her to sleep. My Dr. always told me when you are trying to break a baby from something a night or 2 of crying and they will forget about it. I had to do that when i broke my 7 month old from pacifier she cried it out one night and then the next night she went right to sleep. Good luck.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 1:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• A rocking chair......
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• LOL...my 6 month old loves his swing too! We started putting him in his crib during the day now and I just had to let him cry it out a bit. You can also rock her until she is pretty drowsy but still awake and put her in her crib. Good luck!
    armyofmany

Answer by armyofmany at 11:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2010