How Do You Keep Your Family Organized?

I have a calendar that I write everything in, and it works pretty good for me. Was wondering what other moms used to make sure everyone is where they are supposed to be?

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 1:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes, we had a big family calendar. Every committment got written down on it (in pencil!). I made sure everyone was on time for all the activities, although once a schedule was established the kids would always be changed and ready to go.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have a large family calender yes, but then there is a priority board, white wash, where I keep the top ten things that must be done by each family member. Its like a score board for us. It is kept between the front door and walk way to the kitchen so either way you have to see it through out the day!
    LadyLotus

Answer by LadyLotus at 1:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• A Large dry erase board on the fridge... I write on it weekly, and since things change so much it's easy to clean off, and keep track... A calendar doesn't work, it just gets misplaced....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i do the same thing you do - calendar!!!! and my date book -
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My blackberry PDA has been a life saver. Before that I used to have planners, binders, etc...not very good for the environment or efficient for carrying around. Now I have everything easily accesible in one small phone! I just wish I'd figured it out sooner, would have saved me the last few years of trouble!
    SDMama77

Answer by SDMama77 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would be lost without my calender, everything gets written down on it and sometimes I have used a different color sharpie for each kid if there are multiple kids having things going on in one day
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I use the calendar on my computer. I can set different colors for different activities/people and to automaticaly send me alerts. Plus, I can put "post-its" on my main screen for extra reminders.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I like a large calendar because then you can see everything at a glance. I also have a datebook for my purse- the electronic thing just is not big enough for a quick visual.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My brain/phone calendar....and daddy asking..so whats the plan!! :(
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Calendar too
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2010