whats up with this new stimulus package the gov is talking about? whats in it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 8:34 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Hey I asked this same question and some meanie answerd back "Google people, there is none" BUT I heard about it too. I am going to shortcut your question and come back to it to see if anyone knows.

Thanks!
    Patrina1981

Answer by Patrina1981 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• The government's not talking about it. People on the internet are talking about it. If you check the IRS website, it's just not there. Now, if you've had a child in 2008 after you received your stimulus check or if your tax situation changed drastically and you would have gotten a bigger stimulus check, I think they'll tack the difference on to your return next year. But that's it.
    AaronsMommy1015

Answer by AaronsMommy1015 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House on Tuesday said it was not proposing a second economic stimulus package, but was open to ideas that would clearly help the economy.

"We're not proposing a second stimulus package right now," White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said. "We are open to good ideas, we will listen to people if they put anything forward that we think would actually stimulate the economy; so far we have not seen that."

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke on Monday told Congress another wave of government spending may be needed following a first stimulus package earlier this year.
    Serafyna

• Well pin a rose on my nose. LOL I guess I heard wrong eh? LOL Thanks for the info up there ladies. And thanks to the OP for asking this ? so it could be cleared up.
    Patrina1981

Answer by Patrina1981 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 25, 2008