Agree or Disagree? Why or Why Not?

I didn't vote for Obama. I feel the bashing against him is a bit uncalled for. Yeah, he may not be making any headway to change the United States, but remember that he's trying to clean up a mess that was made EIGHT YEARS before he entered office.

I still think there is a bit of racisim involved even though people won't admit it. I feel that a lot of people may have voted for him just to get a Republican out of the House.

Republicans seem to always cry when a democrat is in office; Democrats seem to always cry when a republican is in office. In a perfect world, people would pay more attention to what the person stands for or what they do and not just the party they are a part of.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 1:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree too....good summary,Tam. It seems to be pretty much true...
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Disagree. You're oversimplifying just about every point you've made, both in downplaying the responsibility of the recession to suggest it's all Bush's fault and exaggerating the inactivity of Obama who has passed unprecedented spending in 2 short years with the help of a fully Dem controlled congress.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• No I didn't vote for Obama but I hoped he would do good things, he has revealed himself to be a progressive.  Bush wasn't perfect, not even close, but if you can delude yourself and ignore the careless spending of this administration, so be it... It's a miracle that the Republicans even want to attempt to try to do anything with this awful mess. You all must be aware of the trillions of dollars this admin has wasted to keep their buddies in $$$. The rally on 10/2 was rampant with communist, many of the organizations there have been given our tax $$$.  Is this REALLY who you want running our country?

http://www.youtube.com/user/AforP#p/a/u/1/Wkw7n9Qagu8

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I agree with NP on this one.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I'm not sure what I am supposed to agree or disagree with. Doesn't matter what shade the President is, time will tell whether he is effective as a leader (or not).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I guess I agree that he was left with a mess, but I think he has significantly contributed to the current mess in a shockingly short amount of time. I just don't know how anyone thinks we are ever going to pay for the bail-outs and ObamaCare.
    solamama

Answer by solamama at 2:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I've seen the racism part in my own family. It shames me that I havefamily members who still have caveman thought processes!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I agree with some of what you say, especially the last sentence.There is some racism with people. My dad, for instance, does not hesitate to say "that n blankety blank blank Obama" whenever he is talking about politics. Every president is going to be bashed relentlessly by the other side and some on their sides. That's a problem with politics. People treat it like a football game. Our side vs their side. It should not work that way.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Regardless of who is to blame, Obama has a job to do and he should get to it. Oh, he'll go round and round about how far we've come and how long it'll take ... about what you'd expect from someone who is so completely clueless about how to fix the situation. He's more interested in face time than in actual work fixing the country.

Where are the jobs he promised? Why can't he understand that throwing money at the problem only makes things worse? These are basic concepts taught in our schools that even elementary students can understand ... why can't he???
    Anonymous

• Wrong, the economy started going "into the tank" starting in 2007 when the Dems took over the Congress and started passing bad laws and trying to push their own agenda. If Obama inherited anything, it was what his own party's Congress did, not necessarily Bush.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 1:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2010