Has anyone one else had the Essure birth control done?

I've got an IUD in right now and we have 3 girls my hubby wants a boy and so do I but we just financially cant afford to have another. I'm wanting to get the Essure done cause its permanent and our last 2 babies were a suprise( i got preg while on birthcontrol). Just wondering if anyone else has had it done and if you like it?

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 1:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Health

• I considered it when I saw it's ad here on cafemom, but I found too many women online who said it never closed completely and they couldn't repeat it....so it was pointless. And others that got pregnant because it didn't fully close. So, in some cases it's not done correctly and I don't want to take that chance.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I haven't but I'm looking into it. I'll bump ya! I want to know what others say.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I am seriously looking into it.. But haven't had it done yet..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I did and I LOVE it. If you have any specific questions just let me know. I'll be happy to answer them for ya.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I wanted to do it, but my insurance wouldn't pay for it and I had to get my tubes tied the old fashioned way...good luck!
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 4:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010