Have you heard about Operation Christmas Child?

I know our economy has taken some hits lately, but we are still by far one of the richest countries in the world. I made a journal post about what OCC is.. but I posted on here to try and get the word out. Please check out my journal on my homepage. It's titled.. "This made me cry! (Happy Tears).
Are you making a shoebox this year?

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 6:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes and it is a great program. I have done it a few times, but not every year.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I've participated in it several times. My church has several people who make yearly trips to different parts of Africa - and they always take our shoeboxes with them. It's not much, but it's something.......
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I love OCC...our family participates every year. Each of our boys fills a shoe box for another boy their age. They love finding as many things as they can. It's such a huge blessing to know a child has at least a little joy come Christmas morning! We are actually going to fill our boxes tomorrow! =)
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 10:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My daughter and I love OCC. We have done it for several years now and will continue. God Bless
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 11:20 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Yes. Have done it before. A Lindsey Graham Ministry. You pick your gender Male or Female. Get you a plastic shoe box. (Don't wrap the box. You could wrap the items inside though.) You can even select the age range you want. Shop...There is an envelope provided that you will fill out and enclose $7.00 to help with shipping and then check you drop of locations.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 1:13 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Actually we're not participating this year. Every year through our MOPS year we make shoeboxes as our outreach ministry, but this year we are actually providing our troops with Christmas packages instead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Oct. 25, 2008