How can I get out of my lease early?

Ok so I really cant afford my apartment anymore and the only way to get out of my lease is to pay the remaining amount in full, which of course i dont have. And i dont want to get evicted or anything bad on my credit if possible. Do any of you ladies have stories of you getting out of you lease early?

xxSummaxx13

Asked by xxSummaxx13 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Find someone to take it over or sublease.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yes you will have to find someone to take over the existing lease
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You'll have to find someone to take over you existing lease. Maybe a friend or family member? Or a co-worker (if you work) the only thing that sucks is, not always but I've heard of it, is you're still held accountable for the apartment. So if they mess it up you have to pay for it and if they miss a payment you're held responsible. But that might not be your case. Just talk to your land lord about it. Maybe they will be helpful you never know.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• When DH & I bought our first house we had 6 months left on our lease. After the landlord agreed, we paid to advertise it and interviewed the applicants. We passed along all the info to the landlord (who we didn't know personally) and recommended 2 and he made the final decision.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 8:27 AM on Oct. 7, 2010