As a little kid, was I the only one who worried that if I swallowed a black watermelon seed a watermelons would grow inside of me?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 1:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL! I though this same thing too. You weren't the only one.
    SweetSmeek

Answer by SweetSmeek at 1:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Rugrats had an episode about that....i spose it's not so far fetched. a man in cape cod inhaled a pea while eating and it sprouted in his lung. doctors thought it was cancer. so if you can have a pea plant grow in your lung, why not a watermelon http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/08/by_l_finch_glob.html

aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• That question reminded me of Two stories. 1. I was 6yrs old and I ate a Fuzzy olive. I Didn't know olive's weren't suppose to be Fuzzy. Gross! 2. I was 10yrs old and I wanted a pet chick. I turned the stove on Warm and put an Egg on a pan. I waited and waited and waited.... I Never did get my baby chick! :(
    emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Of course you weren't the one one! lol♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• no my mom use to tell me the same and so did my grandma so i use to be so freaked out when i ate watermelon lol now i tell my kids this...lol its a vicious circle
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Nope, I had the same fear.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 2:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• lol, I thought for the longest time that I was going to have watermelon vines coming out my ears! My cousin and I used to sit andpick out all of the seeds before we would eat any because we were afraid. I also at one time thought potatoes could grow in my ears if I didn't let my mom clean them.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yep that and pumpkin seeds
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• LOL...I used to think that, too. And, I thought I had a stomach full of gum because my mom used to tell it took 7yrs to digest!
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 3:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Naw, we were all told that tale as little kids. Once you accidentally swallow one and realize a week later that there is no watermelon in there, then the myth is busted. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010