Would it be accepted if a woman made a show and had more than one husband?

I know it is a religious thing and I am not going in that direction, and I know that having more than one wife is not accepted by everyone. This is just for fun.

Do you think it would get very far? Do you think she would be called names and just be blasted? Was wondering that when I saw the commercial for the show Sister Wives and thought why is it ok for him to have dates and sleep with more than one woman but the "wives" in the house have to be committed to only him?

cloverlover24

Asked by cloverlover24 at 1:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sure, I'll be the woman :)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I doubt it. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Why is okay for a man to have multiple wives but not okay for a women to have multiple husbands. Of coarse she'll be called names for it. The whole polygamy is completely stupid.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I love this question! What a double standard, HUH!? I'm sure if that were to happen in the US, she would be called every BAD name in the book. I would watch a show like this. Is some countries this happens though...A woman has multiple husbands and they cater to her every need. Maybe I should visit there sometime... LOL.
    SweetSmeek

Answer by SweetSmeek at 1:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• What woman would want that many headaches? I'd watch though!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I'd love to see a show like that!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Sure, I don't know why not... Plural Families all over the US (and the world) have more than one husband, wife or a combination of both. I don't know why one would be seen any differently than another - I know I don't see a difference except that I would love a second wife, a second husband is WAY to many dirty socks!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I agree with the fact that it's a double standard...and IMO if multiple wives/husbands works for you, then it works for you. UNLESS--it's one of those cult type deals where the 15yo is FORCED into...you go willingly, knowing what's up, then more power to you. If I could marry multiples of my husband, I would...I don't think I wanna date or marry anyone else, otherwise I wouldn't have married the one I did, but that's me.

I will say though, that I wouldn't doubt if there was a situation/show with a woman having more than one husband...she'd either be called a slut or a gold digger (in our country anyways)
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 2:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It would never work. Women are smarter than that!!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Are you kidding? It's hard enough taking care of one husband!!!
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 8:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2010