tummy time

i hope im not the only mommy dealing w/this, but my daughter doesnt like to be on her tummy AT ALL!!!! she has been sleeping on her back or side since birth to avoid the SIDS scare, but w/her 5mo bday around the corner, im afraid she wont be rolling over on time. yes, i know ALL babies are different & they all develop in their own time, but i cant help but wonder why she freaks out! my friends who have babies the same age or younger are all rolling over.... why?

mommyw2010

Asked by mommyw2010 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't worry too much but ask her pediatrician, next check up. I would get down on the floor with her, on the mat and show her that it's okay. If she still freaks out, don't force her but definitely ask her pediatrician just to be on the safe side.
    SweetSmeek

Answer by SweetSmeek at 2:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• my daughter didnt like it as well so we put her on her back on her play mat she learned to roll back to front first! then then went front to back! now she loves being on her tummy!being on the floor too helped! good luck dont worry!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• A great tummy time experience is to have the child laying on their stomach on your chest. It's one on one interaction that still gives them the recommended tummy time.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 2:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I figured out that the diaper was ruining tummy time for us. Every time she goes on her tummy, it pushes and she pees, then she is wet and MAD! So then I change her and still she is MAD! So then I take the diaper off and let her play on a water proof mat and she is happy.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010