what do you say to someone about this?

i liked this guy but i didn't talk to him for 3 years..
i'm engaged and have a child with my fiance..
i hung out with the guy that i didn't talk to in 3 years and feelings came back..
my fiance is extremely controlling to me..
what do i tell the guy that i started to like again?
i was only hanging out with him for a few hours and all of my feelings came back very strongly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you should take some time to yourself before jumping into the bed of someone else
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think you should cut off contact and deal with the life you have now. You dont want to make decisions about your dd's future based on feelings. Work on the realtionship you have now with NO contact with the other guy. If your relationship falls thru then call him but in the meantime work on the one you are in!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would take everything in strides. Your in a commited relationship, how would you feel if this was reversed? Maybe you should talk to your fiance about it rather than the old guy. Why are you talking to him again?
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• u should be very careful in ur next move
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Me personally. If I were in your position.

I would slow my roll. And take a good hard honest look at my relationship with the man I chose to have a child with and marry. If feelings for someone I hadn't seen in 3 years came back in just a matter of hours. I would realize that I most likely did not really "feel" those things. I just saw something/felt something that is either lacking, I'm missing, or isn't present in my current relationship. I would then have to decide. If I can be swayed that easily and quickly. I'm I really ready and wanting to marry this other man. Because honestly, if I'm swayed that easily by someone else, then my relationship is lacking somewhere, some how. And that would need to be addressed before my relationship progressed into marriage.

I would not marry a man, if my heart could be swayed so easily away from him. Being swayed so easily, would not be conducive to a long & happy marriage.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You mentioned your fiance is controlling. You need to ask yourself if that is something you can put up with for the rest of your life. Just because you have a child with him does not mean that you have to marry him. You need to be honest with the guy you have started to have feelings for again. Let him know that you are engaged. Ask yourself why you didn't talk to the guy you had feelings for for three years. Does the guy your talking to have those same feelings for you? Make out a list of reasons why you want to marry your fiance thatdo not include your child. If the list is not lengthy you may want to reconsider marrying this guy.
    MPW2005

Answer by MPW2005 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• well sometimes feelings come unexpectedly & you cant help it but i would stop talking to the man that didnt see in 3years & focus on your fiance & your baby that your about to have & if you love your fiance then try to work on your relationship
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• but like you said if your fiance is controlling & you want out then do what is best for you & your child think long & hard about your decision before getting in to something you wont get out of later good luck i hope it works out for you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Don't mess up because of Hormones, you need to think girl. You must need the control if you are already mentally running to the other guy.
    LadyLotus

Answer by LadyLotus at 3:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• before "settling" I would take some you time without either of them and focus on you and your child for a bit...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2010