Ear Infection Detector?

I was wondering if any of you have used the ear infection detector? And if you have, does it work. My 15 month old son has been messing with his ears a lot and running a slight temp off and on, and no teeth coming it now. I check his ears with my SILs ear infection detector and his both came back all clear. I was wondering how accurate they are. Thanks in advance!!

cmlowery

Asked by cmlowery at 7:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Kids' Health

• I've never heard of something like that, but regardless of whether they're accurate or not, I'd take him to the doctor just to be on the safe side.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• for my kids we always put a bit of 3 percent hydrogen proxcide in there ear and then after 10 mins or 15 i turn them to the other side and let it drain but i didn't do it till my child was a year cuz i didn't know about it
    Anonymous

• I've never used something like that, but when my son was little I did have an "in the ear thermomitor" When one ear would read a higher temp than the other it usually meant he had an ear infection starting.

I would take your son to the Dr. just in case. It may be the onstart of one and you're just catching it early. Best to know either way.
    LisaAC

Answer by LisaAC at 9:41 AM on Oct. 28, 2008