Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can i get my baby daddy to come around

i just found out i was pregant and when i told my ex boyfriend he went crazy at frist he told me that he would help me than he trun around and saind it wasent his than he saind that he was moveing he is39 years old he have a good and stable jod he had his own apartment then when i told him i was pregant he move with his sister im so angry with him how can i be a good mom and have so much angry and hate toward the father of my unborn baby

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (10)
  • You can't make him come around and if he doesn't want to then your probably better off without him in the long run. If he is a total jerk why do you even want him around?

    Answer by bjojola at 2:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

  • Doesn't matter how you feel about him, you still need to file for Child Support when the baby is born. It doesn't matter where he lives, it's still his. If he doesn't believe you, he can have a paternity test done.

    Answer by JGRIMMER at 2:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

  • Bottom line.

    You can't make a man want to be a father. . So people, just do not want to be a parent. You have and will never have, any control over his actions, his feelings or his behaviours. No matter how badly you want to have some sway or control over those things. You never will. All you can control is yourself and how you respond/react to him.

    Take in and accept it, he does not at this point and time want to be a father. You want to be a mom I'm assuming since you are having a child. Focus on that. You and your child. You being the best mother, care giver, protector, provider, foundation for your child. Those things, should be your only focus and concern. Not a man who has proven that at this point and time he not only does not want to be a father, he's not worthy of being one either.

    File for CS. If he chooses to fight it, petition the state for a paternity test. And pursue CS/Custody/Visitation in court.

    Answer by pixie_trix at 2:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

  • You cant make him come around, the best thing for you to do is just file for child support& be the best mother for your child.Trust me i have been in your shoes, i was 22 when i found out i was pg& my sons father was 34, now im 27& he is39& still acts like that, but im happy recieving my child support& im glad my sons father ist around. I would hate fro my son to be like his sperm donor, It will hurt you i wont lie about that, but my son is Happy n better off w/out him.

    Answer by gabby06 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

  • If he don't want to be there, he doesn't have to be. You can still get child support.. and honestly from what you are saying, you & the baby are better off without him.

    Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

  • I gotta ask.. How old are you?

    But some men aren't ready to be fathers. The both of you should have thought about whether or not you were absolutely ready to bring a child into the relationship. A child can make or break a relationship, and apparently it broke yours. Nothing you can do about it now. You can't force him into the child's life. Best advice I can give you is to move on with your life, and forget about him. Do what is best for your child. Start going to a doctor, eat healthy, and do what you have to do to support your child. Never depend on anyone else to support you or your child.

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

  • You cannot make a man become a father. If he wants no part in it, file for CS, and move on. If he isnt man enough to step up to the plate, he isnt man enough to be with you. Now you have to think about not only you, but your baby. Your baby will look to you for everything, and the more stable YOU are, the more stable the baby will be.
    It is horrible that this happened to you, good luck with everything and congrats on your future bundle of joy!

    Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

  • If this man doesn't want to step up and be a daddy you can't make him be a daddy. 39 or 89 or even 19 he is nothing but a sprem donor and you can make someone do something that they don't want to do. You be the best momma you know how to be and at the end of the day this sprem donor will be the only one missing out on this childs life. Alot of mommas are single mommas women do it everyday. Don't be dependent on a man or anyone you be dependent on yourself. Cause at the end of the day you are the only one that can do what needs to be done. If you would like to chat some more about this situation please feel free to PM(email) me anytime i am a good listener.

    Answer by raemommy at 2:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

  • im sorry your hurting right know cause the father of your baby doesnt want to come around file for child support & worry about you & your baby just take it easy & be the best mom you can be

    Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

  • you cant and actually you shouldn't because forcingit will cause more resentmant in the future...

    Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.