Where is the love? compassion? what kind of Pastor is this?

http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ch=news&sc=&sc2=news&sc3=&id=111160

Asked by older at 2:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Whether one's religion believes homosexuality is a "sin" or not, one should always support your fellow man. To fail to discourage bullying for ANY reason is a tacitly implied approval of that abuse.

Whatever happened to "live and let live"? Instead, we're devolving back into a polarized, "OMG, it's *different than me!* KILL IT WITH FIRE!" caveman mentality.

Sad. Sad. Sad.

No child should be so beaten down by his/her peers, teachers, family, community, etc. that *suicide* becomes a viable solution. For *any* reason.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I hate organized religion and it's stance on homosexuals. I cannot comprehend how they justify this.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• The Bible says being homosexual is an abomination, it is in the same category as adultery & fornication, etc. It is not our place to judge others, we make our own choices & mistakes, we alone are responsible for our mistakes. I doubt very seriously that any one of us is worthy of casting the 1st stone, this pastor is way out of his league...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have to agree with agentwanda. The organized religion I belong to doesn't have this kind of speech in the church, there is no political sermons, and I belong to a church that has members of many racial groups. We also have a "Sunday Switch" where we go to the Synagogue, the Temple, or other Baptist church and then they visit ours. There is a religious tolerance in the south that many don't understand and we did it by choice and with enthusiasm. The preacher in this case, isn't representing religion (though he will tell you otherwise). He is pushing a personal agenda and cloaking it as religion. That is the larger shame. But, some religions are protected and stood up for and others aren't.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Very good reply geminilove.
    THere is so much fear and ignorance and , as a result,so much prejudice.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

me too!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• well said gemini!

Comment by older (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• And, yet another reason to stand against organized religion...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Gemini nailed it.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• So, I am totally for gay rights - but am impressed with people that are against it from a religious standpoint but state loud and proud: as a right or lifestyle I will not condemn it.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 8:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2010