would this make you mad? (MIL ugh)

Last weekend I took my kids to the pumpkin patch with my sister and her family and our parents...I invited my MIL because I knew she would want to go and watch the kids at the petting zoo and hay maze and everything else. She said no and today my hubby said it was because my parents and family were there and she didn't like them...so today I found out that my MIL is planning to take the kids to the same place this saturday...is she to good to go with me? To lame to find something else to do? She hasn't asked my hubby told me she planned this

Smiley001

Asked by Smiley001 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• well just tell her you have plans oh well... she needs to mature and act like a family you and your kids are a package it's all or nothing
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 2:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It's pretty petty what she did. But, the kids should spend quality time with her anyway and they will have fun. Sorry, she seems to be a pill, but what can you do? She gave birth to your hubby. I wouldn't let it bother you, it's wasted energy.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 2:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would just let her take the kids to the same place. kids will like it again and you can have free time. I would be bothered that she didnt like my family but I can see her feeling a bit awkward if you were doing a whole family thing.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• No at all ben there and done that lol... My girls and i just made other plans .
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 2:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Do you have plans with your kids on Saturday? If you do then I would tell her that doesn't fit within your schedule.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would be annoyed. She should have come to you and told you how she was feeling, good or not. Even just saying "I'm not comfortable around your family, but would it be ok if I take the kids next weekend?" The annoying part is that she told your husband, knowing he would tell you. She needs to grow up IMO
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Just let her take them. It sounds like she feels uncomfortable around your family.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I will let them go but I'm not happy about it. She thought I would like some time to myself and she's right about that but this just bugs me that she is going to the same place.
    Smiley001

Comment by Smiley001 (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• it would make me mad but if your getting free time for yourself, it should be good! just dont let her do it all the time to where it becomes a habit.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Why does it bother you that she is taking them to the same place? If the kids liked it, they will be happy to go again.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010