Do you think Obama's Stimulus Package was a 'waste'?

Over two-thirds of Americans believe that President Obama's signature stimulus bill was a waste, a new poll found Tuesday.

Sixty-eight percent of Americans said they think the $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) was a "waste," compared to just 29 percent who think the money was well-spent, according to an ABC/Washington Post poll released Tuesday morning.

The figure suggests that the cornerstone of the Obama administration's agenda to bolster the economy has fallen flat with voters as elections loom in four weeks. The poll also hints that the White House's effort to sell the bill to the public has been far from successful.
~~~~

Do you agree with this poll?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It was a total give away to all of their buddies and a grand stand to wipe all the rest of us out...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't believe it was a "total waste". A lot of people were helped. It's only a "total waste" to the people that don't like Obama.

I have nothing personal against Obama I don't care for his policies as our President.  I was furious when Dems and Reps passed the first rounds of stimulus and Bush signed them.  Then when Obama and Dems passed more after it was clear stimulus doesn't do anything to help I was even more furious.  Some of us are rational thinkers and realize doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is insane. 

tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 4:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Wish we had credible information as to where the nation would be if there weren't a stimulus package. But we don't, so stating it was a waste is a personal opinion and not viable proof that it bombed.

Since no one knows what the "what ifs" are I'm going to have to say no, it was not a waste.

************

Good point.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 5:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I haven't seen anything different in this area. There was the usual amount of construction for the midwest. Oh wait, there were signs saying that the construction was part of the ARRA. But, anybody who lives in this area knows that construction is a way of life and there are two seasons: winter and construction.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It was $800 in my favor, so I guess it benefitted me a little. A little extra money is better than nothing.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 2:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Total waste.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 2:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I believe it was a waste.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• um, yeah, of course.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Total waste, yes I agree with that.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2010