Babies having babies.

Babies having babies is nothing new now a days, its sad but not new, my sister had her baby at17, thats what i thought it meant, idk? But today when i took my ds to the Dr, i saw a couple about 15- 16 yrs old or so w/a baby. the thing was that they didnt know how to care for their baby, both of these kids mothers were there w/them, one ofthem was feeding him & burping him then when they got called the other mother went in the room w/them, It was sad to watch how these kids were asking thier mothers about when they fed their child this, it also kinda pissed me off to watch it.You could tell they knew nothing about babies.What are your thoughts on this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I know it sad...Teenagers have their whole life ahead of them. :( My heart hurts for lost youth.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• "Babies having Babies" is far from a new thing... Women all over the world have and care for babies at 12 and 13 all the time. ALL new parents, regardless of their age have that learning curve - have you read some of the questions on here? If anything it would have upset me to see their mothers there trying to take over. The ONLY way a couple can learn how to take care for a baby is to learn it for themselves... Things like feeding, burping & diapering just take practice, and we all had to deal with that - age isn't a factor. Good parents can be young parents, just because someone is older doesn't mean they are going to be any better... I have a friend who had her oldest at 14... 22 years later, she has 5 more kids and 2 grandchildren, she's one of the best mom's I've ever met... And her son (her oldest) is a healthy happy young adult - her age didn't stop her from being an awesome mom, and it doesn't have to stop anyone else.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I had my first baby when I was 18.. I did it just fine & I thank God my mother was willing to help me! Did you ever stop and think that maybe the mother helps her out..and helps her with the child? It makes someone a bad mother to have help? The girl made a mistake & got pregnant.. but obviously she kept the child.. and is trying.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Some can handle it some can't but none of them should have to. There are to many reliable ways to prevent pregnancy these days for every one that is not planned to be 'failed birth control' It is sad that they weren't more informed. Every one looses in most (not all) cases. Mother of baby looses childhood, mother of teen thought she was done raising children now has a baby to raise at least for a few years and the baby looses out on having a mother who is independent.
    Anonymous

• My parents were both 16 when they had me. They were babies but I was always safe and taken care of. It depends on the young parents, how they were raised etc. I don't think anyone can put down a teenage mother just because of age, some are great mothers that made wrong or difficult choices. And some are bad mothers. Just like a mom in her 20's, 30's, or 40's. Some are cut out to be mothers and some aren't its not necessarily their age.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think that it is way more socially acceptable than it should be.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Sabrinambowen, i totally understand what you mean ,i just think that it is sad that they have to go through this at such a young age, im not saying that they wont be good parents, i just think that they could be doing so much more
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• OP.. It's not sad.. It didn't make me sad.. I was very excited to become a mother.. I'm not sorry I missed out on all my partying teenage drinking days.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Having sex isn't always fun and games.
    People make there beds and they have to lay in it.
    Age isn't a factor.
    Making adult decisions make some people have to grow up quicker then others.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2010