Do you think some people/couples are just not meant to be?

Do you think that some people no matter how hard they try, how much they sacrifice, and how deeply in love they are...that they can still be so wrong for each other and not have a good marriage no matter what they do? Even when there are kids involved and they are both basically good people but they just rub each other wrong or just fundamentally are not compatible. Is all marriages a struggle or is it just me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Not for me to judge..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 2:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• u have to try and get along and give it some time.it wont happen overnight.
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yep, I think some people are just not meant to be, no matter how hard they try.
    MY DH's BFF got divorced last year. I could have told you when I met them 8 years ago that they wouldn't make it
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think all marriages struggle to a point....but I do completely agree with that some couples just shouldn't be together, no matter how much they want to be or love each other, they just aren't right together.
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 2:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You will have ups and downs in most marriages. I would say all, but there maybe an exception or 2 out there. Right now, things are pretty great, but if you asked about my marriage about 6 or so months ago, I would have told you I was considering a divorce. You just have to work through those tough times. The ones that are meant to be will work it out.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 2:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Marriage is work. Not every day is perfect and not every day is horrible. I said this yesterday, marriage is falling in and out of love with the same person over and over again. You have to work at it. I think some people should not be together, hell I think some people should be alone, but if your in a committed relationship you have to work to keep it.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Absolutely. My parents are a perfect example. They married, got divorced REMARRIED..finally ending in another divorce, Yeah, that was fun as a kid..NOT!
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Absolutely. My mother and father never should have been together. They dated for five years before they got married, but my mother once said that if they had lived together for even a month, they never would have married. They couldn't be under the same roof.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think all marriages have some problems. I think two people who truly love each other will work through their issues for their marriage and for their children. That is what a marriage is about IMO.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Marriage and relationships have there struggles you go though the good times and you go though the bad times but if you and your hubby/SO get though it and stay strong, work as a team(together) you will make it though. Everything in life is a struggle. Keep your head held up and don't give up on nothing that you yourself believe in or want to work or want. Even being the best parent you can be is a struggle. What other people do or how others deal with stuff in a marriage may work for them and not for your hubby and you. Everyone is different in there selves and in relationships.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2010