How can i help my 11 month old walk after her 1st birthday?

I want my dd to be walking after her first birthday..She's crawling now but hasn't pulled onto anything yet

Mommy2Ayasha

Asked by Mommy2Ayasha at 7:20 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can't rush these things. She'll do it when she's ready. In the mean time, have push toys ready for her. the ones with the fewest bells and whistles the better. The mroe noise it makes the more she'll play with it, rather than push it.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first post. My sons did start walking until a month or two after their first birthdays. Push toys and boxes are great.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 7:34 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Why would you want to rush her? She'll walk on her own when she's ready. My daughter didn't start walking until 15.5 months. Just let her do it when she's ready. :)
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Thank you for your help and advice..I have a v-tech activity walker
    Mommy2Ayasha

Answer by Mommy2Ayasha at 8:24 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• if you force it, it could cause her to draw back and make her walk later...it will happen when it happens, my DS started walking at 14 months.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I would chase my daughter around the house so she had lots of walking to observe. She finally started to walk when we went to visit my parents - they have two coffee tables close together and she just got up and walked between them. I rearranged the furniture at home so she had to take a few steps in between to "scale" around the room. She didn't actually take off walking until she was 14 months old. We were at a housewarming party and everyone was giving me sympathy b/c she wasn't walking good yet, and just to make me look like a liar, she marched into the living room, stood up, and walked around the room like she'd been doing it forever!!
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Walk her aroung holding her hands. Help make her more confident. But yeah don't rush her. Besides, when she does start walking, you'll be asking her to stop.... lol..
    enjoy the time you have of her not walking lol.
    shadysyrup313

Answer by shadysyrup313 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 25, 2008