when I just want to "help myself" adult content

My husband and I have a nice sex life.... but every once in awhile I just get the "urge" to "do it myself" ... I usually cant "finish" with my husband but I always do when I do it myself... and I just almost have the fantasy of getting these certain sex toys and do it myself ... but everytime i have tried to talk to him about it, or come up with the idea.... he just wants us to do it together or to watch me do it...and I dont know how to tell him ( nicely) that i just want to do it myself every once in awhile....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I was a manager at an adult novelty store for 2 years and i heard just about EVERYTHING and learned so so much. So i think i might be able to shed a little light on things for you and hopefullly help a little. Men get intimitated by sex toys (most of them) and for sure dont want you to use something besides them. I know how sometimes it is just easier to get yourself off instead of trying to teach someone else how you like it. I wouldnt get too used to doing it yourself though... you need him after all =) My husband also likes to watch when i do it myself and i would wonder why and of course he would say it was hot but also he could see how it was that i was doing it so he could learn and do the same thing next time. If that doesnt help him learn or you just really want to do it yourself i would explain to him how you want to just get off the same way he does. Men masterbate more than they like to admit. Communication is key
    NewMommie333

Answer by NewMommie333 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Why do you have to tell him. Just do you, when you have to do you.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If I were you.

1) I would address the issue of not orgasming during intercourse with my husband. I would explain to him what I (and most every other woman.. lol) needs in order to orgasm. I would teach him/show him how to make me orgasm. I would want to work together with him to improve our sex life so that it was pleasurable, fulfilling and satisfying for both of us.
    2). I would pleasure myself whenever I had the need or want to. I do not inhibit or put restrictions on my husband's "Self Love" (lol), why would I do so in regards to my own. Masturbation is healthy, satisfying and rarely is solely about lacking pleasure in the sex department. Sometimes, self love is just the best love and what is needed. LOL.. It's also a great stress reducer.. AND the best way a woman can improve her sex life, is by knowing and accepting her own sexuality, needs,. wants and desires. The only way to know those, is by self exploration.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I'm sure he wants the same thing
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• do it girl! He's not always home when you are. Get a little back massager and put it just where you need it or you can do it "by hand" and get there too. Fulfill your wants or you'll be miserable!!
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You are your own person who can do this without getting him involved, just do it when he isn't home and be done with it :)
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:50 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Oh hell, just do it! lol I do when my husband is gone, although he knows, cause I have to watch porn lol! so I dont delete the history :)
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't really see why there needs to be a discussion about it. You are your own person, if you want to "take care of business" then by all means do it. :)
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2010