Tailbone pain..

I've been having this weird pain in my tailbone as if I sat on something really hard or bruised it or something. Has this ever happened to anyone, is it normal? It's been hurting for about a month now, not getting better. I'm 11 weeks pregnant. Any advice would be great!
Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes... I had that most of my pregnancy. I dont know what it was but it hurt REALLY bad... Sounds funny, but it helped to fart... lol. It would hurt so bad sometimes that I couldn't walk and sometimes it took my breath away.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:20 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Yes and it ended up being a pilonidal cyst! It's nothing serious but it can hurt like hell. Have you noticed any hardening around the area? Mine hurt for a while before I noticed an actual bump. Not saying thats what you have but if it is it can be either drained or surgically removed. The doctors are more quick to drain it before they perform surgery but if it isn't killing you I wouldn;t suggest letting them drain it. It only made mine worse and got infected to the point I couldn't sit down! Just keep an eye on it and call the dr. if it get worse.
    Anonymous

• Thanks so much! I'll try to keep an eye on it.
    Anonymous

• I am 27 weeks and have pain in my tailbone, it started after I sat to long on a metal chair a week ago. It isn't getting any better. I'm going to talk to my doctor next week when I go in for my appointment. It just hurts to sit down and even worse to stand up after sitting but then the pain goes away.
    Anonymous

• I have horrible pains in my ass if I sit too long! LOL. It happened with my first pregnancy also. It doesn't matter what I sit on, if I sit too long, my ass hurts!! I hate it so much. Sometimes I can't hardly get up and hubby has to pull me up. It even hurts my ass to stand up. I am sorry you have this. I don't know how to make it go away. I sure wish I did. I think it has something to do with the sciatic nerve. Good luck.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 9:29 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• well i go to physical therapy for that because currently my lower back is doing all the work and it is starting to make my upper back hurt...you might want to try some excersizes
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 3:32 PM on Oct. 25, 2008