Obamacare...Please this is not going to be the official name of the program...

That's what I want a card to carry that says OBAMAcare. lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• No, it's not the official name, just another attempt of the rightwingers to mock everything this President is trying to accomplish.

BUT wait...... If This bill is one of Obama's Accomplishments, then you should be PROUD for it to be called ObamaCare.... RIGHT???? LOL..  What.. You aren't???  ;oP

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• how is ObamaCare an accomplishment... giving health care decision/power to the politicians... We know YOU want socialized care Anouck.. But this is America. Our nation cannot fund Socialized Medicine... There are not enough wage earners to fund the social entitlements you people want.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• http://www.suite101.com/content/medicare-cuts-and-how-it-effects-seniors-a218765

It should be Obamacuts, not care...

2011

• Medicare Advantage cuts begin… please see link for all cuts...

• Medicare cuts to dialysis treatment begins/ how do people cut back on dialysis?  They can't, they will die...

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 4:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Antther plan to crash and burn
    haydall

Answer by haydall at 2:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If it smells like Obama and it reads like Obama, and it looks like Obama (afterall he marketed a bill no one had read) and it pushes people to government plans, it's OBAMACARE... ;oP Don't worry about who is going to pay and how the level of care could be impacted... Tinsy weensy little details...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I've seen it used by liberal publications as well although it may have been coined by the right. It's simply a colloquial term and I don't see how it is a dig at Obama. There is nothing derogatory in the term. Lighten up people!

Kudos!!!!! I have seen the New York Times, Boston Herald, etc use it...  Hell even the liberal mecca of the blogosphere for which many on here bow to, Huffington Post has used it...  LOL to all of those who "take offense"... Looks like the joke is on you. ;o)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Nope.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It is officially the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

I've seen it used by liberal publications as well although it may have been coined by the right. It's simply a colloquial term and I don't see how it is a dig at Obama. There is nothing derogatory in the term. Lighten up people!
    solamama

Answer by solamama at 5:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think they should call it...........Rammed Down the People's Throats Care, kind of like a tongue depressor.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010