last years candy.....

I'm not going to name names but someone on here told a group that they hand out the previous years candy on halloween....couldn't that be dangerous?

wildwiccan83

Asked by wildwiccan83 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Health

• You are right. Check the experation dates. Chocolate goes within a few month unless its kept in the heat, then its sooner. hard candy can be eaten, but taste one before considering handing it out. You'll know if it has that "Old" like taste in it. These are hard times and people just can't afford those prices! Get together and make some home made stuff. Like popcorn balls or Rice Krispies with marshallow bars. IT fast, cheep, and easy! and a lot of fun when you do it together!

Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 3:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I don't know about dangerous but it's pretty gross and cheap!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• How is that dangerous? The chocolate will probably be crumbly but the hard stuff will be fine. I'm thinking about handing out the 5 pounds of pinata candy that we have from the boys attending a party back in August. How is that for cheap!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Well let's face it.....if she is giving away the things her kids didn't eat from last year there isn't a single piece of chocolate in there....lol, that always gets eaten. Most likely Mary Janes and bazooka bubblegum thats hard as rocks. It's a waste to re-give it out. If her kids didn't want oit, neither will the kids who knock on her door.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• that's not niceā€¦ and of course it's old and yucky!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• That is disgusting! I would toss out all the old candy!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Its not bad at all....
    We have a huge bowl of candy that is from last year (my dd extra candy + candy we didnt hand out) and it is fine. we get a few peices out of it a week & we are still walking! lol....
    Before halloween we will most likely go through the bowl. Trash the crappy stuff... And then whatever is left we will mix in with "fresh" candy we just bought..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yeah the lady said she saves the stuff her kids wont eat and hands it out the next year....... i'm just wondering how long that stuff stays good
    wildwiccan83

Comment by wildwiccan83 (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• do you check the experation dates when you open the bags? My friend worked for hershey and told me that allot of the stuff they put in the large halloween and winter holliday bags is stuff they need to get rid off from the older inventory....
    wildwiccan83

Comment by wildwiccan83 (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• candy doesn't go bad, unless it is homemade...it is totally safe
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 4:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010