Very light spotting, 2 weeks late

I am not trying to get pregnant right now. My period is over 2 weeks late and I took an OTC pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative. My breasts are tender, and I have had very light streaking today- but not even enough to need a pad or anything. I do not want to be pregnant, and dont think that i had unportected sex near my ovulation, but who knows? I am married and have a 3 yr old and a 15 mo old, really not ready to have another baby. How long should I wait to do another home pregnancy test? Also- my dh is joking that since I actually want to have sex now- that I must be pregnant!

cmlowery

Asked by cmlowery at 7:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Health

• this happens to me too, and i always end up getting my period. my breasts always get tender and i can spot for up to a week before my actual period comes. its just a normal womans cycle. some women get their cycles every 28 days like clockwork and others can be thrown off by the littlest thing. we went on vacation and i worried myself so bad about the flight (my first) that i got my period 5 days late. so dont worry, try to relax, and if you want sex then do it. sometimes that'll bring on the flow if you know what i mean!
    madismummy

Answer by madismummy at 11:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• get a blood test if your not sure.
    hotmama541

Answer by hotmama541 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Thanks. Mine usually comes like a wave- when it starts We all know it! I never spot, and mine is pretty regualr. I have been a little more stressed lately, maybe that is causing it. Thanks!
    cmlowery

Answer by cmlowery at 11:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2008