How many millions of people are out there in the real world struggling financially?

A job is only a short-term solution to a long-term problem. Most people only have in mind the short term problem of the bills at the end of the month. Who is really ready for change?

Silkangle16

Asked by Silkangle16 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• How is a job a short term solution?

What's the long term problem? I don't get it...
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I hate the way the economy is right now.. We are having rough times, but their are worse people off than us. We just make do with what we have.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:56 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• But my bills being paid is the problem.. I don't understand
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think she wants to advertise or something....
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• How the hell do you think a job is a short term problem. I don't know about you but my job is stable and what is happening in this country sucks but it could be worst. Change is good sometimes. There is food on my table, clothes on my childrens body and mine, my bills are paid, roof over my head, money in the bank. Things are good not great but we are getting by.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Were really struggling right now and any job would be more like a blessing.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 3:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have been learning there are different people in this world. Their are the employees who work just for a paycheck, small business owners who work for a paycheck, big business who hire employees to work and run their company and investors the money makers. It’s easier to work for money, especially if fear is your primary emotion when it comes to money.”
    "fear keeps most people working at a job. The fear of not paying their bills, the fear of being fired, the fear of not having enough money. The fear of starting over. The fear of ‘what will people say?’”“That’s the price of studying to learn a profession and then working for money. Most people become a slave to money… and then get angry at their boss.”
    “How does it feel to have to ask for a job, or when you receive your paycheck at the end of the month? It seems like nothing, you’re disappointed. Especially after all the taxes.
    Silkangle16

Comment by Silkangle16 (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have been working since i was 16 now in 27 I growed tired of making other people life style better. I was behind on my bills and working 2 jobs and going to school . I needed a change. Some of us need a change but we are too afraid to do anything about it.
    Silkangle16

Comment by Silkangle16 (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• @ onsgirl 15 im not trying to advertise anything I am just asking he same question someone asked me. I have not once yet on tis post say hey check this out. I am just trying to let people see both sides. Hey if you like your job thats great. @ raemommy 14 And there is no job is security anymore, you are not promised your job. If you like working a job fine there is no problem with that especailly if it's a job that you love and can'y wait to get to everyday.
    Silkangle16

Comment by Silkangle16 (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If you talk to people most of us are struggling right now (at least the last 2-3 years) I have learned that as we continue to downsize across the board we have less to worry about. Less stuff = Less stress = Financial Freedom. Typically americans have way way way to much stuff. If we buckle down & stop unneccessary spending so many of our financial problems would fade away. A very wealthy lady recently told me that "I should live as if I was poor" even though I am not. That is solid wisdom for all americans. Blessings!
    blessedwork

Answer by blessedwork at 3:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010