Is 50$ a week too much to charge for child care for 2-4 year olds?

Not sure of the details. Should I include food cost with that or charge a little more??
What do you pay?

kysmom642

Asked by kysmom642 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• that's not enough! I pay 20 a day for my DD and I pack her lunch. When she was in a weekly (4 day) in -home place it was 120 a week with food. neither is/was certified.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I pay $250/week for one child.

Everything is included.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i pay 110 a week for a 4 year old with food encluded, but it depends on your area.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• hell no for my daughte i payed 200 a wk
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 2:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I've done in-home childcare for 10 years. I charge $100 a week for that age range. I'm in the midwest.
    Anonymous

• i pay $159 per week for full-time care and that includes 2 hot meals and 2 snacks plus outdoor play, structured educational time, free play, etc. i only supply a fully clothed child. i think for $50/week the parent should provide all meals. that is a steal.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 2:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Oh..lol.. I am wanting a playmate for my daughter that is 3. She doesn't talk much and I want to be around someone her age. I want to help out a mom that can't afford a lot so I wasn't sure if I was charging too much. I want to include food but I want to make sure I have enough, ya know.
    kysmom642

Comment by kysmom642 (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• $50 is super cheap. I pay $200 per week (food included) for my 3 year old twins, so $100 per child.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I pay $200 a week for my 2-year-old. However, it's a licensed daycare, and the provider is a retired pediatrics nurse. I have to bring my own diapers and wipes, but everything else is included.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If it's something you want to do and you don't need the income, then $50 would be a good price. I don't think you'd want to go lower than that. If a parent is going to rely on you to take their child on a regular basis it needs to be a business deal so you and the parent can have rules and guidelines to go by, and if they are paying you you have to be willing to make some sacrifices to be available when they need you and not just when it's convenient.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010