Would it be rude?

So I have a friend who has a little girl the same age as my daughter... we always talk online and plan to do things but we actually only end up getting together like..once a year or so. Last week she invited me to a kid time thing for us to take our daughters to together, and so we can talk while the girls where doing their crafts... I got there early to meet her ( she has been there before, but I wasnt and had to sign up and stuff) and when she finally got there she had brought another friend too ( who we also went to school with) ... well the whole time neither of them talked to me at all or even sat beside me

My daughter loved it though so I plan on taking her back next week, but i invited another friend to go with me so that way when the kids do their crafts I dont just have to sit by myself for an hour and a half ( and i know after you sign up you can bring 1 person) ..but I am technically still her "guest" *continue

2lilbumblebees

Asked by 2lilbumblebees at 2:58 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• and i know that she doesnt like the friend that I am bringing ( but she is really the only other friend i have, so there is no one else i can bring) .....

SO, basically, since I am her guest would it be rude to in turn bring "my guest" that she doesnt like ?
    2lilbumblebees

Comment by 2lilbumblebees (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• wow she sounds rude! I think you can invite another friend if its a public thing.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• oh just read the addition..she seems like a rude person to not hang out after inviting you. You bringing a friend she doesnt like will not help you build a relationship with her but otherwise it shouldnt matter. She needs to just be an adult about it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• not rude on your part but what she did was rude...knowing me i would have said something i am way too outspoken ...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 3:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't think it's too terribly rude since she ignored you for over an hour. I might be tempted to have an adult discussion with her. Just say you wanted to bring someone since you felt a bit left out last time. Did you try sitting by them and chatting with them as well? Or were they being just plain rude and leaving you out completely? Sorry that happened. :(
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You could give her one more chance next week and take a novel to read incase she acts the same way. If she is rude again then brgn your friend.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It doesn't sound like you're her guest if you had to sign yourself up. And she brought someone else as her guest, so since you signed up, you are entitled to the same, bring a guest, and have fun. Who cares if she doesn't like her, it's a public place, not her private party.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 3:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yeah i tried to talk to her / them ... and she would just kind of look at me and nod and turn back around to talk to the other girl... and when we sat ..i sat beside her and the other girl sat at another table and called her to come over, so she went....

and thanks ria7 ... I think i will actually do that... just take a book tomorrow and then next week I will bring my friend if it doesnt change
    2lilbumblebees

Comment by 2lilbumblebees (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• she was rude for doing what she did and i would bring someone with me next time..why not? respect is earned not given and she has done nothing to earn yours just yet so do what you are comfortable with.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• The friend sat at a different table and asked your friend over? :( I would let your friend know how you are feeling and I feel like the other gal was the bummer. Some people don't have the backbone to try to include everyone and are followers to appease. Your friend may not have been rude to you with direct intention. I would give her another chance and bring up the prior situation. Have an adult conversation and go from there.
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010