Yard Sale Blankets

I am the type of person where if i dont know where it came from i DONT want it. As far as clothes, toys, blankets, anything really except maybe furniture and things like that. It just skeeves me out and i hate not knowing who had it or how clean they were etc. I dont mind dvds, furniture-meaning tables and what not- not couches0and what not. but as far as clothing and toys, etc.. stuff you really really come in contact with i just can't. its just me. My mother in law got these blankets for her house for my 10 week old son from a person she doesnt know and has never seen. she said that a guy she knew said they were really clean people BUT here is my thing. the guy who told her his house is DISGUSTING. like you can not go in for long it stinks so bad. my MIL will even tell you that. I am debating on kindly saying please dont and buying some blankets for her house
what is your opinon on things like blankets from ppl u dont know?

MamaHardy2008

Asked by MamaHardy2008 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Shopping

• It will be ok if she washes them I think. If you really cant take it then just take a few blankets over for her house but I really think it will be fine.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Here is my thing, while it is still kinda nasty, hot water and disinfectant laundry soap will get it out and give you peace of mind. if need be, wash it 3 or 4 times if it makes you feel better. I bu clothes from our local community store house, wash them in hot water and Purex laundry soap and they are just fine.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 3:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Just wash them in hot water. My MIL is also always buying me stuff from yard sales and Goodwill. I usually throw it away. It's always useless crap, nothing I want or need.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Personally, I'd avoid them.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i buy clothes for my daughter at garage sales if they're in really good condition. i just make sure to wash them before she uses them.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2010