Do I have the best daycare provider, or what???

So my son goes to daycare. He absolutely LOVES his daycare provider (it's at her home, just her) and her grandson who lives with her. He calls her "grandma". I'm currently pregnant, and she told me the other day: "So one of these days, you need to leave him with me overnight, to see how it goes, because when you go into labor, he's going to have to come here too". She knows we don't have any family in the area, and I actually WAS going to ask her, but I was just so pleased she came out and offered it herself!

Do you have any stories of daycare providers going above and beyond the call of duty?

Anouck

Asked by Anouck at 3:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I love mine like family too. I think it has to be that way or it won't work. That's wonderful that she is going to take him overnight for you.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• that is great to have a DCP that you consider family
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My daycare provider is a good women also she is always willing to work with us and our hours are crazy at times so if she has to keep my DD till 8-9 at night when i get there she is in her PJ's and had her bath and sleeping. Shes a great women also.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I definitely think it's important to have a DCP who loves your kid like he's family. I do feel guilty sometimes, because it's so obvious he's the favorite. Not that she isn't great with the other kids, but definitely not the way she is with mine. She's almost more excited about the one I'm pregnant with now than I am, heh. She's been begging me forever for "another one" :)
    Anouck

Comment by Anouck (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My babysitter is AMAZING! She also offered to keep my girls overnight when I have my baby.. She treats them like they are her own.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• That is awesome! I really hope to find someone like that if we ever need a DCP. Right now I'm a pregnant SAHM and plan on going back to work short hour/PT after the new year but working hours like 4-10 so I can work AFTER dh is off since he works 7-3. Hopefully once both boys are in school I can work somewhere 8-4 or 9-5 and hubby will still work 7-3 so I can take them to school and he can pick them up. :)

Congrats on the baby and finding such a wonderful woman to watch your kid(s).
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010