What unique colors would you paint your house?

Looking for ideas....

Inheritingkids

Asked by Inheritingkids at 3:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I painted mine medium brown with beige outlining in the windows it looks awesome!

Answer by older at 3:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• For me it depends on the type of house. For most houses I like a pretty (light) shade of blue or grey. White almost always looks good and the shutters and trim can be painted any color of the rainbow and look fantastic. If I ever have the pleasure of owning a Victorian home with all the gingerbread I'm going to use pinks and blues and white. Sounds a little strange, but if you ever get a chance, google Victorian Painted Ladies. Victorians were not afraid of color on the inside or outside of their homes! :)
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Outside or inside?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Unique bright colors look awful on houses. Purple, bright yellow, aqua blue...pretty on paper, not on houses in regular neighborhoods. Just make sure not to clash with the surrounding homes.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• muted aqua blue with taupe or gray
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• inside
    Inheritingkids

Comment by Inheritingkids (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Oh, ok. I like several different colors for inside a home, depending on the style and age of the house and what sort of look you're going for. Also, the size of the rooms being painted makes a difference. I recently saw a really beautiful big dining room that was a deep blue, almost navy, with white trim and all white accents. I thought that was neat, although it wouldn't go with the style of my house.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Our computer room is an aqua blue, master bedroom is light grey with darker grey trim, daughter's room is an orange, almost like creamsicle. Dining room is light blue, then an ivory chair rail, then like a cornflower blue on bottom. Kitchen is a dark green, living room is like a beigeish color. Can you tell we were tired of white walls after apartment living? The only white walls are the hallway. One bathroom is a light yellowish green (kind of like snot green, but hey it works with the tiles in there) and the other is light grey.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• greys and light greens and blues look awesome..and some shades of red on an accent wall are pretty cool!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• lots of comments and i will be looking into them ,thanks cafemom friends
    Inheritingkids

Comment by Inheritingkids (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2010