1st period after baby was born adult content

there are details here-

I was told that your 1st period after having your baby is going to be much heavier then before and a lot more cramps. I'm breastfeeding and for the past few days have had some light brown discharge. kinda like after my son was born and the bleeding slowed down and turned to the brown. is this it? something different? I'm not having any cramping so im alittle confused. can anyone help? by the way I had my son 8wks ago and stopped bleeding 2wks ago

Nienna7477

Asked by Nienna7477 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Periods after a baby are usually pretty weird for a couple months. This could be how yours will be this time. You can always call your OB/GYN's office and talk to a nurse about it; they won't be annoyed or surprised if you do.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have had more blood and weigh less cramping since the kids were born. I had some spotting, like yiou describe, but to me, it didn't seem like a real period.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 3:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I was only able to breastfeed for the first 5 weeks, so it may be different. I just had my first PP period last week and it was not any heavier and i had no cramping. It also did not last any longer than usual.
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 6:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• thanks!
    Nienna7477

Comment by Nienna7477 (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I am guessing it is still leftover blood from giving birth. Brown is almost always old blood. Your period can be different but will still usually be normal in color. You also may not have a period for quite a while if you are exclusively breastfeeding. I usually dont have a cycle at all while nursing but with #4 I did start about 2 1/2 months after birth and it was pretty normal but I did have spotting (brown) in between my periods for a couple months. HTH!
    armyofmany

Answer by armyofmany at 11:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2010