Do you think it was something harmless or was she trying to be snotty ?

I have an older cousin ( she is almost 10 years older) we both have 2 kids ( mine are 4 and 2, hers are 2 and 5 months) .... We never really talk because we live in different towns, and our lives are just very different.. but her parents where having a big yard sale ( i love yard sales) and when we got there I seen a dog bag full of dog clothes and supplies ( i have 2 small dogs, as does she) ..and it was only a few dollars so I bought it.... later on I wrote her a comment on facebook telling her that i bought her dog things ( basically saying I liked them and thanks) ... then she commented back and said " Yeah, well I do not need them anymore, I have 2 kids now and dressing up dogs isnt a priority for a mommy" ... I just think that it was kind of snotty, saying it like that, because I do afterall have 2 kids too, so it it just me or does it sound like she meant it that way?

2lilbumblebees

Asked by 2lilbumblebees at 3:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• It does sound a smidgen snotty.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Very snotty!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Sounds a bit snotty but just look at it this way, she can't handle two kids and her dogs, so the fact that you can makes you super-mommy :D
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 3:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't think she meant to be snotty.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• She was being a huge snot. What an ass....

I'm a mom of 3 kids btw and I love dressing up my new little dog. Us great moms know how to multi-task and take care of human AND canine children well!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• snotty yes!

Answer by older at 3:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I feel it was rude. I would reply: Were you trying to offend me? I have 2 children as well... Thanks for the clothes anyway! And she actually charged you for them? I don't know why, but that also rubs me the wrong way. I don't expect freebies from family, but to charge for dog clothes. Not cool. :(
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• well, look at the age differences here between your kids and her kids. Oldest is two and younger one is just 5 months. I bet this was something she used to enjoy doing with the dogs before she lost this happy past time. Remember how overwhelming it is when you loose so much free time, well just about all of our free time when they are so little. I think she was just saying it in passing and not passing judgement on you. Heck, your kids are old enough to start dressing the dog up with you! enjoy the new threads for the pooch!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Sounds snotty to me.

I would have answered with something like "Well it's a good thing I can handle more than one thing at a time." or something but that is just me!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• A wee bit snotty, but then again, I never quite understood people dressing up their dogs in the first place, so I'm probably the wrong person to answer this, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2010