Is stainless steel appliances hard to maintain?

I want to redo my kitchen with all new appliances of course?

Inheritingkids

Asked by Inheritingkids at 3:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have them and LOVE them!!! No worse than any white or black to maintain. I found this new cleaner thats like a dusting spray but for multi-surfaces and it works great on the stainless, ( I have lots of little finger prints.) I think you will love them, makes the whole space feel different and even stylish! :0)

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• They are relatively easy except when small kids are involved. EVERY fingerprint shows and for whatever reason kids LOVE to touch it.
    Otherwise, I bought an eco-cloth kit with one towel that you just wet and wipe down and another polishing cloth to make it shine. Takes less than a minute. The eco-cloths work really well on mirrors and glass as well.
    deka21

Answer by deka21 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I had stainless steel in my old house, and it looked great...when it was clean! There may be some that are more resistant to fingerprints and water spots than mine was. I especially hated the dishwasher because it seemed impossible to keep the water spots off. You can't just wipe it with a damp cloth and have it look clean either; I had to use stainless steel polish.

I read that stainless steel is going out of style because it looks cold and industrial rather than warm and inviting, but that doesn't mean much unless you intend to sell your home sometime soon.   I've not yet replaced all the apliances in my new home with black, but what has been replaced is making me very happy.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have SS now- not a real fan. I am in the process of planning a kitchen remodel. Who knows what I'll select. White and black also have huge drawbacks-I have had it all. I think black is the worst. I'll likely end up with a brushed metal surface-

bjojola- what is the name of the product that you use. Zep SS cleaner used to work for me, but it's becoming less and less efficient-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i have black now and you are right i see EVERYTHING . It's not set in stone that I was getting SS, I wanted to hear other people's views so thanks all you have some really good comments
    Inheritingkids

Comment by Inheritingkids (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• no
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2010