Eminem and Rihanna’s “Love the Way You Lie

I love this song, but the lyrics are catching a lot of slack for - glamorizing domestic violence. I realize it just a song...but I was wondering how many think this song sends out a bad message?

tracylyn245

Asked by tracylyn245 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Entertainment

• Yeah.. I didn't care to listen to it because of that. and Because I find both of then highly irritating. But they had the guy who plays Charlie from lost, in the video. So I like that much. lol
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I like the song too... and at first I did think it had bad lyrics and such.... but if we nit-pick at every song, we would find ourselves with not alot of music to listen to lol
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 3:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I agree it is a song and it is how the artist or writer felt at a moment. it may have different meaning for the performers than the public thinks. It could have been written in a tough moment. i try to not to think about content that much.
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I like the song, but if you really listen to it parts are pretty hardcore. Honestly I find it kind of strange that Rhianna would be making a song like that, but whatever floats her boat. Also I don't think it's going to make young men start setting their girlfriends on fire or anything.

I've heard a lot worse lyrics in old rap songs, but *shrugs* I can listen to things and not live them out.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think its realistic. A lot of abusive relationships continue to exist because both people get off on it in a way. And yeah, maybe the song lyrics are offensive to some people, but I dont like pretty much 9/10 of all rap. Doesn't mean I think it should all be banned. If you don't like it, dont listen to it. Thats why its a choice.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 3:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It is very realistic... it's exactly how you feel in an abusive relationship.. You love them, they hit you, you make excuses for them and continue in this sad sad cycle
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't think it glamorizes domestic violence so much as it depicts the experience of it, at least from his perspective.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have never heard it----but now that I know what it is about, I won't be looking for it on the radio,that's for sure. WHat is wrong with people????
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i love that song.. listening to it right now on the radio.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2010