Do you have a veggie garden?

share you garden and tells us what you have planted..

MTM

Asked by MTM at 3:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes we do. We have 83 chile plants, several yellow hots, japalenos, tomatoes (roma and cherry), bell peppers. squash and zuch, honeydew and pumpkins. Its alot of work but its so much fun and rewarding. We even have the baby out with us :0)
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I did have a garden but it has been harvested and i will have another one next year
    I will have 3 kinds of spuds, beets, onions, tomatoes, green peppers, watermelon, pumpkins, peas, green beans, zucchini, cucumbers
    carrots, so far that is it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• This year we planted green beans, peas, corn, radishes, onions, carrots, pumpkins, lettuce, spinach, and broccoli. The only thing we really got to harvest was the radishes, a few peas and carrots, and the broccoli is just about ready. Well, the spinach and lettuce came in really good, but it was bitter, so i gave it all to the chickens!

I learned that you HAVE to thin things when they start growing or they will never get real big. We had a ton of itty bitty carrots and radishes!

We had frost in June AND September this year, so my pumpkins, peas and beans didn't get a chance to do much.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 3:20 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• wow that is so cool... bjojola good job
    MTM

Comment by MTM (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It's at my mama's house but we did buy plants for it and helped her take care of it. (It already frosted in Iowa so it's done for the year)

We had:
    Tomatoes (big beef, roma, cherry, 4th of july)
    Eggplant
    Green Bell Peppers
    Jalapenos
    Green Beans
    Radishes
    Carrots
    Onions
    Watermelon
    Cucumbers
    Chile peppers
    These tiny little hot as h*ll peppers that I can't remember the name of. lol
    Kohlrabi
    Broccoli

I think that was it...
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• that is great wheresthewayout ... MommaTurbo cool i think i will try my hand in one next year.
    MTM

Comment by MTM (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Not a good one this year! With my Cancer & being away for 6-12 hours on Chemo days Etc.. & other apts. then we got too much rain! We had many flower gardens. We had tomatoes, corn, green peppers, potatoes and all. But we barely got anything to survive on. It was our worst year Ever.. 60 tomato plants & 20 pepper plants. DH planted them for us, our DD's, his parents, Brothers, aunts & friends & we got none! I didn't get one!! Its Sad!! I hope for all those that had good ones, yay! Now we got frost/freeze earlier and there's nothing left. DH's corn for his chickens was quite plentiful! His Indian corn was nice! Some was even pink for breast cancer Some of his sunflowers and angel trumpets were 14' feet tall. Pretty!. He had a few big pumpkins too. But nothing edible.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Not yet, but I will have a small one next year. I'm building up the soil & setting up a watering system this year.
    nananessa

Answer by nananessa at 9:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• not yet i want too
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2010