Sick mommy - need ideas on what to do with my toddler!

Hi all - I'm sick with a flu that my 19 month old son gave me. He's better now of course and is feeling extremely chipper.

I need some good ideas on what we can do at home- I feel horrible just plunking him in front of the TV, but I feel so sick that I have no energy! Help! I need some original ideas!

crystalbean2

Asked by crystalbean2 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Color together =] Or have them help make lunch and eat it together.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 3:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Is his room babyproofed? Move a baby gate to his doorway, put some toys out, and lay down on an airmastress in the hallway or next room. I have done this more than once when I was too sick to move. I have also blockade the livingroom so he can't escape to the rest of the house and laid on the couch.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Ughh I am sorry your sick. Do you have a baby jail or a playpen? Maybe give him a new toy or two and see if he will play for a bit. Unfortunatly when I am sick the TV and Elmo with her in the playpen works best for me. Do you have someone who can come play with him for a few hours so you can get some rest????
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 3:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Don't beat yourself up. A little extra TV time for a day or 2 won't hurt, especially if you are having a difficult time doing anything else. If you can stand to cuddle that would be some great quality mom time too. You could also try calling a friend to see if he could come play for an hour or 2 so that you can get some sleep and he can be having fun with friends.
    feltermom

Answer by feltermom at 3:47 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• baby proof the crap outta the room, put out some toys for him to play quietly with, and maybe some crayons and paper for the two of you to color with. a little tv won't hurt him.. but if you can get a sitter for a day to get some rest to get better faster it may help too
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2010