Why do people say sex doesn't matter in a relationship adult content

Seriousley I have been around too many men to believe that. I think the cookies are not getting baked at home. They are baking in someone else kitchen

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• It's definitely important, but maybe not so much the actual intercourse, but the sexual intimacy / chemistry you share with each other. My husband and I used to have sex several times a day everyday for at least the first year we were together but our jobs and the kids keep us so busy and worn out that now we have sex maybe 2 or 3 times a week but we still share an intimacy and have that playfulness that doesn't need to have actual intercourse to keep the closeness between us. We don't feel any less satisfied in our relationship just because we don't have sex as much as we used to
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 10:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I think it definitely matters.. but even if "the cookies aren't getting baked at home".. it doesn't really mean he's cheating.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I can not and will not speak for anyone else or anyone else's relationship. Only me and mine.. :-)

Sex is a very important part of my marriage. Sex is for more than just sexual physical gratification. Though that part is wonderfully stupendous all on it's on.. LOL.. Sex helps to keep my husband and I : balanced, in harmony with one another, connected not only physically but emotionally & spirtitually, it helps us to reduce stress, it helps us to laugh/have fun/enjoy one another, it's not only a desire on so many levels it is also a need in order for us to have a healthy, happy, harmonious relationship overall.

How other people view sex, and it's role their marriage. Is solely up to them. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I was going to say something like it's not the be all end all of a relationship and be diplomatic. But after reading everything that has been posted here, from paranoia about infidelity, to what sounds like horny teenagers, and in one case something so foul it deserves to be reported, I would have to say if that much time is spent having sex, big things like taking care of the house, maintaining relationships with family and taking care of children, not to mention maintaining your marriage by keeping bonds strong outside bed as well as in bed, are not happening. If you really do think you have to have that much sex to keep your husband from cheating, you married an adolescent, not a man. And btw, not everyone who says sex isn't the biggest part of a relationship isn't getting any. Sex is important part but not the only part of an adult relationship and getting a lot of sex at home doesn't mean he won't get it elsewhere too.
    Anonymous

• Cause they've never had AMAZING sex...
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think you're right.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Idk. But to a point sex is very imporant in any relationship. But it shouldn't be everything in the relationship. I have no problem admitting that my hubby & i dont have the sex life we'd like to have. but between him working nights & sleeping days & a five year old running around it just gets to were its not so imporant.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 3:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• probably because they aren't getting much sex so they have to tell themselves that.
    that's what my mom used to say when she and my dad couldn't stand each other and were on their way out-

once she started dated she found it to be VERY important!
    Anonymous

• I think you are right too. Sex is important in a relationship. Men's biological makeup (testestrone) is literally made for having sex. They are supposed to procreate (or at least attemp to). If you think your husband is ok with not having sex, he's not. He's getting his release somewhere.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have just noticed that when we are having a lot of good sex (for us that's 2-3 times a week at best) we get along better, feel closer. Of course, watching comedies together or making fun of the same idiots on television has the same result.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 3:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2010