what do i do?!

i'm not quiet sure what to do anymore with my dd....i'm having issues with both discipline and sleep. it seems like something works for a few weeks and then it stops working, no matter how consistent i am. dd hasn't slept through the night in over a year, after she caught a virus. she eats well throughout the day, and drinks milk and gets a snack before bedtime...so she's getting full..we have a routine (we usually spend our days out, come home in the afternoon and play outside...dinner, bath, jammies, read, sing, she watches "babies", quints by surprise and the duggars on the nights that they're on..don't bash for it..)she has a night light, and yet she's still waking up...she always slept through the night before she caught the virus. we've been consistent, but nothing seems to be working..we even tried the super nanny advice, but that didn't work either.

discipline...we thought we finally found something that worked, by

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 3:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sticking her in her room...it did for a good while, and again we were/are consistent about it. but it's stopped working again....she's hard headed beyond belief..like more than the normal 28 month old. we've tried taking toys away, trips away, and so on..and nothings working. dd's about to go into daycare once we move, and i worry about her..i really want her under control before all this goes down. any suggestions/advice? NO BASHING.
    mom_to_kenzie

Comment by mom_to_kenzie (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I do time outs for my almost 3 yo. I've stuck with it since he was a year old and its worked perfectly. But it takes a long time to start working. She's too young to really understand taking toys or trips away. She doesnt connect the two very well. She's just acting the way you are allowing her to act. Have you tried time outs? give her a warning. when she doenst listen sit her in her spot and tell her why she is there. Walk away. Continue putting her back there (sometimes this can take about an hour the first week or so) when she sits for a minute per age ( 2 is 2 minutes, 3 is 3 minutes) you go over to her, tell her what she did, tell her to appologize to you then tell her to go do what you were telling her to do or she goes back in time out. On bad days my son will take 2 or 3 time outs before he will go and clean up his mess, but he'll do it. I think once you get her listening to you, shell stop getting up so much at night
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 6:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• she may be over stimulated. My DD was like for awhile, because I was so busy for awhile, doing all kinds of stuff meanwhile trying to spend quality time together as well. Plus you are getting ready to move, she probably feels your stress. Try staying in a little bit mor & doing more quiet activities. When she acts up, talk to her calmly on here level. Try redirecting. This usually works with my DD. If not, she goes to her room. And I never do the one minute per age thing. She has to stay in there until she is done with her fit. I DO go in there every few minutes to talk with her & see if she is ready to come out, but if she is still going on, then I let her throw her fit.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2010