facial waxing

Does anybody wax their own face at home? I need to do my sideburns and mustache, but the one time I did wax it I broke out in pimples afterwards. Please give me advice and any good brands of wax to try! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• A lot of times women break out after waxing because when you wax it opens up your pores and then without getting them to close up, they are allowing bacteria and dirt to get into your pores and that creates a breakout. Try to rinse your face with cool water after waxing to close your pores. Hopefully that will help. :o)
    feltermom

Answer by feltermom at 3:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I use a Gigi Honey pot similar to this one http://www.sallybeauty.com/wax-warmer/SBS-448510,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH , with their blue hemp wax. It's very calming, even though my skin is sensitive. I use this http://www.sallybeauty.com/GiGi-skin-calming-lotion/SBS-448047,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH for a few days after I wax. If I don't do that, I break out. When I use that, it prevents me from breaking out.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I use the Sally Hansen wax strips and they work really good for me!
    SuperM0mmy

Answer by SuperM0mmy at 3:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I purchased a wax warmer and some brazilian hard wax from Sally Beauty Supply to do my eyebrows and upper lip. The hard wax is designed to be put on thicker so you can just pull it off, but I still use strips to pull. I have found that this wax is easy on my skin and I rarely get bumps after waxing.
    kayleighsmom529

Answer by kayleighsmom529 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Nope. Good Luck!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:09 AM on Oct. 11, 2010