Look at the link.. and then TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS GOVERNMENT OVERSITE!

Copy and paste this into your browser:

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2010/10/20-government-workers-with-super-sized-pay.html

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I read the LNK and saw many"double dippers"...having two sources of income: retirement pay and a job at the same time,for example. ANd others who are being overpaid, in various towns throughout the USA. Not fair.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 4:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Unfortunately, I fear this is the attitude of many, who feel they are superior and entitled to the whole cookie jar...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 4:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I've always felt government and state officials made too much money. It's just so horribly wrong to give retirees the salaries they are getting and that budgets are allowing this to slide.
    I'd prefer to give (good) teachers an increase!!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 4:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Generally, these people pay into their pensions, and are less compensated than people of similar education and ability would be in the private sector. Would you rather have less qualified people working in highly responsible government positions?
    annabellelee

Answer by annabellelee at 5:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• http://oversight.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

*************** A SITE for Government OVERSIGHT .....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• saw many"double dippers"...having two sources of income: retirement pay and a job at the same time,for example. ANd others who are being overpaid, in various towns throughout the USA. Not fair.

***
    Linda (since you don;t like Gertie anymore), WHY can't a retiree who is collecting social security and/or a pension, NOT work, if they so choose?! Should they just sit on their front porch and watch the grass grow until they die? Should they live frugally, and not enjoy their golden years? I've known MANY retirees and widows who have continued to work at least part-time jobs to give them a reason to get up and get dressed each morning and for the socialization. Ironically, once they stopped working, they started having all kinds of health problems, and died quickly. Not having something or someone to look forward to seeing is, well, rather depressing!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• LORIKEET....I guess you didn't read the LINK!!!!
    Shut up!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Lorikeet....double dipping is a different thing altogether.
    Working while collecting Social Scurity is a good thing...as you say, why just sit on your front porch if you are healthy,why not work?
    The LINK gives several DIFFERENT examples ...READ IT! And I don't care if you call me Gertie...I just don't want to have to read stupid,meaningless , snarky replies to my posts. Get it?
    And why would you call me Linda?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Agentwanda read the link and understands what it said, Lorikeet....why don't YOU get it? ;=-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2010